Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Learning to give God full control

Hello lovelies!

I am in a REALLY good mood this morning because it is actually sunny outside. Praise Jesus! I needed this sunshine like no other. What is new with you guys? I apologize for not blogging as much lately, graduate school sometimes stresses me out {okay not sometimes a lot of the time} and it's easy for me to worry and over analyze things. I feel like I want to be in control of my life so bad sometimes, and Jesus always is waiting right there for me to simply say: "alright God, I'm giving this all up to you. I'm not in control, you are."

Do you guys ever get like that? Like you just want to take over, and have things go your perfect way? and when things don't go your way you get really upset? I think God allows for us to go through experiences like this in order for us to see and understand how much we really need His strength and guidance every second of the day. Because when we take over, we fail. We will always mess up and make mistakes, but if we don't leave the ultimate control up to God, our lives will be a complete mess. 

I love this verse in Psalm chapter 32, which talks about control and letting God lead our lives. It says:

"The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.
Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bridal to keep it under control." 
Psalm 32:8-9

I guess I am at a point in my walk with the Lord where I'm realizing just how much trust He requires me to have. I have to give it all up to Him. Every burden, every fear, every concern. He wants complete control my friends. He sees how hard this is for us to do, but He desperately wants us to do it because He wants to set us free. My prayer right now is just that the Lord would help me trust Him completely. I don't want to be like a "senseless horse or mule" that prohibits God from leading me in the direction that He wants me to go in my life. Even when I struggle and doubt His goodness, I pray that I will persevere. He has a plan for my life that is greater than I could ever come up with on my own. Regardless of my circumstances, He is GOOD. He is GOOD to the all of us. If we trust Him friends, He will lead us on a beautiful pathway to our lives. 

Is is hard for the each of you to give God complete control in your lives? Which area in your life do you find it the hardest to give Him complete control? How can you practice giving it all up to Him more this week? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! :)

I love you guys!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment