Tuesday, March 12, 2013

its happening! MY FIRST BLOG.


Hello friends!

My names Jessica. I have a huge passion for Jesus, the lover of my soul. I'm a college student (communication major to be specific ;D) and I love to read and write. I originally wanted to create a blog about my own healthy eating tips, because I lost 50 pounds a couple years ago and have kept it off since! However as exciting as that has been in my life, I felt the Lord calling me to create a blog to talk mainly about His beautiful presence in my life.....and I loved the idea!

I consider myself a newer Christian. I accepted Christ as my savior when I was 20 years old. Although raised Christian by my parents, I didn't give my heart to God until that age. And boy did things change, I can honestly tell you I'm a new person...but if you'd like to know that whole story then you can just click the "My Story" link on the right. :) 

Soooo lately God has put a lot of things on my heart that I feel like I should share with each of you lovely people! But before I begin...
1) If you don't have the devotional Jesus Calling, buy it now! It is full of daily amazing, encouraging, beautifully written words of Jesus's love for you. So inspiring! I found out about it last year and I'm hooked my friends!

Today as I was reading Jesus Calling, the words spoke to me so perfectly as to what I am struggling with in my life right now: FEAR. (False Evidence Appearing Real)



     My favorite part of today's reading from Jesus Calling is the line where it says: "If you live your life too safely, you will never know the thrill of seeing me work through you." I felt God speaking to me so vividly through that line. There are a lot of things coming up in my future here pretty soon that I am down-right SCARED about. (I'm applying for grad school, my family is moving, overcoming my fears/negative emotions) But I realized to myself after reading today's devotional, that my relationship with God requires courage, but that doesn't mean I have to be afraid. God has promised to be with me. He loves me unconditionally, and the last thing He wants for me is to live a life that is predictable, boring, and without a challenge. Without challenges in my life, where would I be able to see the growth?

     So my friends, I encourage you to live your lives today FEARLESSLY. Live today the way God intended for you to live it: Joyfully, courageously, confidently, and purposefully. Your identity, purpose, and hope all lie within the hands of our amazing God. My prayer for both myself and each of you today is that we would give all of our fears, doubts, and worries into God's hands and stare ahead confidently at all that is ahead.

Live fearless. Live for Him.

xoxo, I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart Jessica. I just started reading and love the pureness of your heart! I'll be in prayer for you throughout all these changes. The Lord will bless you in each season, even if you don't see it. :)

    Neri

    Sparkling with Sneakers

    ReplyDelete