Sunday, February 9, 2014

Authority over the enemy

Hi blog friends! How are the each of you doing? This weekend has been a crazy weekend. We had a GIGANTIC snow storm here in town, and it was so bad that they cancelled last Thursday and Friday of school. I bet my students were happy when class was cancelled on Friday! haha. Also, the snow isn't even gone yet. It's still so bad outside that they cancelled church this morning, for everyones safety. So this morning I had my own little church service with just Jesus and I, in my bed with my comfy blankets.
Jesus and I talked about a lot this morning. I poured my heart out to Him, as lately I just have felt robbed of my intimacy with Him. The closer I get to Jesus, the more spiritual attack I notice from the enemy. The enemy hates my intimate relationship with Christ, so I'm not surprised this is happening. Thankfully we have power in the name of Jesus to call out the enemy. We have AUTHORITY over Him. 

"Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you." 
Luke 10:19

I'll be honest with you, I haven't felt that kind of authority lately. I feel like I have been letting Satan have way more power of me than he deserves. I feel Jesus revealing this truth to me, and also that He desperately wants to reclaim His territory back over my life. I am so thankful that God is faithful to do this in my life. No matter how far we stray away from the Lord, He is faithful to restore and strengthen us once again, as long as we continue to live our lives for Him and rely on Him completely. 
Today, I have a lot to do. I have an assignment I need to complete for my graduate class, and it's making me kind of nervous. In my devotional this morning I read about in Luke 10: 38-41 where it talks about Mary and Martha, and how Martha comes to God with a heart full of lists, and Mary comes to God with a listening heart. Man, did I feel convinced as I read this passage this morning. Lately, I have been coming to God only with a list of things that I need to get done. Instead, I need to be more like Mary, and simple sit at the Lord's feet and give Him the chance to care for me. I need to simply just tell the Lord what is on my mind and what is bothering me. 
"But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her." 
Luke 10:41
Do you ever feel more like Martha than Mary? How can you work on coming to God with more of a listening heart instead of a "listing" heart? Also, do you realize how much authority we have in the name of Jesus? Call out Satan on all of his evil lies! We are OVERCOMERS! 
I love you guys!
Love always, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment