Saturday, March 16, 2013

finals and resting in Him.




Heeeeeyyy my friends! I hope you had an amazing, Christ-filled, loving day today.

It's currently 12:06 am and I can't really sleep. I was at the library for about 6 hours today, working on papers and math homework! Finals is right around the corner, I'm praying that everything goes smoothly and the Lord would put his hand of blessing over my finals weeks and all of the tests I have coming up! Before I made it to the library today, things were pretty hectic. I woke up at 8:00 this morning to finish a press release for my internship (oh by the way, I am a public relations intern, click HERE to read about where it all began..huge blessing :)) Anyways, I woke up early to write some brief summaries on a Press Release I'm working on. This assignment ended up taking me way longer than expected, so by 10:00 am when my boss called I had to let her know I was a tad bit behind, but she ended up being totally understanding, as always! I love working with Campbell Consulting, they are amazing and such an inspiring group of women to work with! Plus, I love Public Relations and it is my dream to have a job in that field one day. I am so blessed! Thank you Lord.


Yesterday, I had dinner with one of my Young Life girl's, Cece. We had a blast! We went to dinner at this delicious restaurant that makes pretty much only healthy food. I had a "paleo bowl" and Cece had a caesar salad. The picture I took of the paleo bowl wasn't as good as a different one I have of the same dinner, so I'm using this photo to explain it's deliciousness to you all. And super healthy. Nommm! (Forgot to take a pic of Cece's salad, darn. It looked amazing too!)

 After dinner, we went shopping! woohoo. Girl time. gotta love it.

Cece tried on the cutest outfit. This gray shirt + mint pants (not pictured) was a killer outfit. The lady working there said that everybody who had tried on those pants so far had bought them instantly after. Super cute, but super spendy.


Pretty much fell in love with this shirt, it's so cute! I love everything lace, seriously. Score! 

Forgot to mention: right before picking up Cece for dinner, I snuck into the Christian book store and bought a new devotional. Sarah Young. Big shocker. She is amazing! This one is called "Jesus Today."  It was on sale for 8 dollars, normally 17, so I had too. Her devotionals are NEVER on sale. I was so stoked. She writes such encouraging messages! Check out my collection..I clearly am a devotional fanatic :)




    I feel like I am in such a unique place in my relationship with the Lord lately. I don't know how to explain it. I'm definitely growing in so many ways. So many things are changing way sooner than I expected in my relationship with Him. You know that saying, "God doesn't call the qualified, he calls the called."? Yeah, that's been on my heart lately. It's honestly mind-blowing to look back on the past year and a half of my life and see the woman God has changed me into. I still have a long long journey ahead of me and so many changes ahead, but I am in such a better place, its unreal. The Lord is a faithful God, my friends, and I'm here to tell you why as much as I possibly can. I made this blog for his glory!
Next week I get to go home for spring break, I cannot wait. Although, I'll admit to you, this is an area of my life where I really need to open myself up more with the Lord. I feel as if when I go home, I focus on the past too much and who I used to be. The enemy tries to get into my mindset and bring back some of those memories. But as a Christian, I am called to take every single thought and voice that speaks to me inside of my head and make it captive to Christ.  
       It says in 2 Corinthians 2:5: "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ."I just wanted to ask the each of you something, because I know I struggle with positive thinking a lot of the time. Is it hard for you keep your eyes only on the Lord all throughout the day? Sometimes, it's so easy for me to instantly just go from bad to worse in terms of thinking. "Oh no, here it comes, this is going to be bad..." "Really God? C'mon?" Once I catch myself saying either of these things, I know it is the enemy speaking to me, not God. How selfish of me too to even blame God for a second for any of my problems! We are in a continuous battle between good and evil, my friends. God has already won, but the enemy seeks to take control.  We HAVE to stand firm in our beliefs.

1 Peter 5:8: "Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour."

The truth is, we need to be more aware of the devil's schemes in our lives and not allow for him to steal our joy. After all, Jesus came to give us a full, complete life! (John 10:10) And I know that life can be hard. As Christians, our lives are so far from perfect. I have a list of daily problems that I could tell you about, but I choose not too. I choose to focus on Jesus and his perfection. He is the only one who is able to give me joy despite all of the craziness going on around me. No human being can do that. Sure, that hot guy in your math class may for like 30 seconds when you stare at him, but I'm talking about real joy my friends. Endless, everlasting, perfect joy! We have this type of joy 24/7 in our relationships with Christ! We just have to remain in his word to correct any lies we may be believing. I assure you that whatever trails you are going through now are not meant to overwhelm you, they are meant to make you stronger.

Random thought: God has been so good to me.Blogging is SO therapeutic. Who would have thought? ha! I pray that God would use this blog to bring about his glory in RADICAL ways. I'm here to make you famous, Jesus! Tonight, I also prayed for my future husband. Totally random, but I was reading this amazing blog and felt called to do it. It felt good. God's listening.

Anyway. I'm beyond stressed right now, I have finals coming up and SO much going on in these next couple of weeks. If I didn't have a relationship with Christ, I would be DUNZO! (reminds me of a show called Laguna Beach I used to watch, HA!) I'm relying so much on the Lord in these upcoming days to give me complete and total peace and strength to get through. I just want to live, Lord. Help me to not focus on all of my problems. Help me just to focus on you.


I <3 you guys! Happy Friday! Hope your all out doing something fun and not being a lame-o and staying in and studying for finals like me:)


No comments:

Post a Comment