Saturday, March 16, 2013

God knows how to take care of us.


Hello friends!

Today has been a good day so far. I woke up, worked on this blog, and had lunch with my brother. Let me tell you, this whole blog thing is super frustrating sometimes! Whenever I find myself getting upset, I just keep reminding myself that this blog isn't for my glory, it's for God's.

I just wanted to say, I can't WAIT for summer! And I had to share with you all a few goodies I bought while shopping last weekend, which makes me even more excited for summer!


I can't wait to wear this swimsuit in the summer time! It's from Victoria's Secret. I also bought some of their Pink perfume while I was there, which smells AMAZING. It's called "Wild At Heart." Love it! The makeup that I bought is both Sephora's liquid black eyeliner, Sephora's tan sparkly eye pen crayon, and Victoria's secret's eye-brightening pen. I have been using Sephora's liquid eyeliner for awhile now, because it never smears like the old brands I used to use! My mom suggested I get Sephora's tan sparkly eye crayon pen, to put around my eyes for a sparkly effect. Victoria's Secret eye-brightening pen is AMAZING! It makes your face all shiny and bright (In a good way, trust me)...I don't know how to explain it. You should definitely check it out! It was nice to go on a little shopping splurge, since I never get to shop and don't have a lot of extra spending money for it while in school.


How are you guys today? I hope your all doing well and focusing your eyes on God. He is always good! Today there is a special verse on my mind:

"Though you have made me seen troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again...You will increase my honor and comfort me once again." 
Psalms 71:20-21

I LOVE this verse, because it is so true for me and my walk with Christ. In the past year and a half, there have been some hard times. It was hard for me to truly trust and seek Jesus with my whole heart. Finally, I feel like I am too the point where I am able to trust him whole-heartedly. But it wasn't pretty getting here, a lot of it was painful, because the Lord had to teach me His way of living.  To go along with this, I have a quote by Francis Chan:


Guys, If you've just entered head on into a relationship with God and your wondering why the heck everything seems so confusing, why you feel so much pain and discomfort, it's because your moving on into a NEW life. God's plan for you. My life without God was dark, I was wrapped in a lot of sin. When I became a Christian, it wasn't all roses and daises right away as I expected. God had a lot of work to do inside of me. He had a alot of truth to reveal to me. And in order for that to be done effectively, he had to show me sorrow. He had to break me and mold me into the daughter he always wanted me to be. The way I like to think of it as is like a child and her dad. When she comes running back to her dad when she knows she is in serious trouble, in order for her to not make the same mistake again, he has to lay down the law. Whatever he needs to do to get her to shape up, he will do it. God is the same way, he loves us so much that he takes care of us like a father does to his children. He wants us so badly to live the life he has called us to live so he gives us pain and mourning so that we will understand why that path was so wrong for us and why we should never go back. There are a lot of verses in Psalms that talk about God's discipline, and they are very relateable to me.



This is Psalm 119:66-67.

Verrrrry good stuff right here. My prayer today me and all of you is that God would continue to teach us good knowledge and judgment in everything that we do, so that we would 100% be on the path He has called us to be on. Also. I pray that he would give us true wisdom and that we wouldn't be tempted in any way to waver in our faith. (I know that I am guilty of that a lot lately, and I need help!) So help us God, we so desperately need you in everything that we do today. We love you Lord! and i love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment