Monday, April 29, 2013

want it love it gotta have it. {durrruh}

Okay guys...I had to share with you a few things I currently am obssessed with and also despertely want. The thing is, I need to get a job first. So I could use some prayer on that, because this lady is going to need to be a working lady this summer to make all of these wonderful purchases of mine come into my hands!!

Sidenote: Lately, I feel a bit distraught. Like I'm trying to take control and Jesus is just crying out for me to STOP. I am such a control freak, so it is so hard for me to give Jesus the complete wheel. He already has it, it is just I find myself at little moments throughout the day wanting to take over. I gave Jesus complete control of my life a couple months ago, and since then, its been both the best decision of my life but also extremely difficult at times. You know what though? If it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be worth it. Jesus makes my life WORTH living.

I love Him, that's all I know, and I'm going to keep pursuing Him and trusting His guidance, because I would be lost without Him directing me. I would appreciate some prayer requests on finding a job, because that needs to happen STAT. Also, I have no motivation for school right now, so I would appreciate some prayers for that. I believe in the power of prayer, so if you have anything you would like me to pray for you for I would love to do so. Just send me an email and I'll get on that right away friends!

Today I also had a lot on my mind with confidence in the Lord. He truly is my confidence, and that is a beautiful thing. I see other people with self-confidence, and I'm like that's cool, but confidence in God is so much cooler....;)....but seriously.

Okay on to the wish list. Sorry for my random ramblings.



1) A CAMERA!! Guys, I want a camera sooo bad. Like a nice one, like this beautiful canon. I have no idea what kind it is. Do any of you have suggestions on a good camera to buy that is reasonably priced but also pretty dang good? :) I'd be willing to spend a little over 500 or 600.

2)  Skinny jeans from old navy. Guilty of purchase. They are only 34.50, and they have them in a ton of cute colors! I decided to go with white, because I have been wanting a pair of white skinny jeans for the longest time, and you can never go wrong with Old Navy's awesome prices.

3) SANDALS for summer!!! I found this picture on Pinterest, but aren't these just flipping adorable?! Old navy and Forever 21 have TONS of super cute sandals for summer online right now, so be sure to check that out. They have styles very similar to the shown ones in this photo.

4) This adoarable green top from Old Navy. Yep, I think it's clear I like Old Navy a lot. They didn't have my size left when I was shopping online, so I withheld my purchase. I'm hoping they get more in stock, because I seriously love this top. It is on sale online right now at Old Navy for 22.50$, major bargain!

5) NECKLACES!!! Lately, I am loving all of the adorable big chunky necklaces I am seeing being paired with cute dresses and other outfits. I am currently on a hunt to find a few good ones of my own. Do you guys have any good suggestions on places to shop for pretty necklaces? Lemme know, I'd love to hear!

6) Marc Jacobs pink watch. I LOVE this watch. I know it's Marc Jacobs and probably super expensive, but I saw it on Pinterest and I fell in love. I absolutely love the color of it, pink is one of my favorite colors. I would totally rock this watch all day every day.

7) This adorable brown purse by Prada. Okay, there is no way I could afford this bag anytime soon, but it is definitely going on the wishlist in the future. It's just so pretty, and could be easily used for both a casual outing or something super fancy. I love the size of it too, not too small or too big. I'm all about brown leather purses, my friends. I am not really a purse person in general, I stick with one or two purses and call it good. This is why this purse would be perfect for me, I could bring it everywhere and use it all the time!

8) ESSIE's beautiful summer nail polish collection. I already have a couple of these babies, and I am obsessed.  Essie's nail polishes are typically about 8.00$ a tube, but they are definitely worth the little extra money. Essie is my favorite polish because it stays on so long and they have so many beautiful colors. I just love nail polish in general and painting my nails. I have a new color on every week, sometimes sooner than that. Yep, no shame here.

9) Revlon Strawberry Shortcake Lip Butter: Uhhhh-mazing. This stuff not only stays on forever like normal lipstick, but it also makes your lips feel super smooth and nourished. I love it! They are about 8.00$ a tube, not too expensive in comparison to other lipstick brands. I tried a couple colors before realizing Strawberry Shortcake was the best fit for me. I have already gotten a few compliments while wearing it, and I was glad to know that I didn't look like a crazy person with a awkward shade of lipstick on...;)

I hope your having a good week so far and giving all of your burdens to our sweet Jesus. He desperately wants to carry all of them for you so He can give you His peace in exchange. I don't know what I would do without my savior, He gives me purpose, He gives me passion, He gives me LIFE.

Love you guys! Happy Monday!


Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

                                                                                 

3 comments:

  1. I have so many things to say to this post, haha! First off, I'll definitely be praying for you! Secondly, the camera I have now is a Canon Rebel t3i and I love it! Best purchase I ever made. It's the older model now, so it may be cheaper. Maybe in the 600s? If that one still ends up being too much you could probably get the t2i for cheaper! Either way, you will NOT regret buying a DSLR. Thirdly, I love all the adorable things you put on this list. I just bought white pants and I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this response! thank you so much for letting me know about the camera, I just researched it online and I'm thinking that'll be the one I will definitely invest my money into! I'm glad you loved everything I put on this list! I am also so excited to wear my white pants, already in love with them and haven't even received them in the mail yet! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I could write you a book on the camera want alone! I first feel a need to represent Nikon. I have the D3100 and it's amazing! (Nothing against Canon). But, my thoughts go beyond just what DSLR to get. You can get an entry level DSLR for what you're looking to spend. (The D3100 and T3i both should be in your price range - especially if you watch out for a sale.) But, consider this: What type of pictures are you wanting to take? What situations do you take most of your pictures in? How portable do you want your camera to be? If you want something portable, but better than your phone consider getting a super-zoom. Something like a coolpix p520. It will allow you the creative controls that people associate with DSLRs (ISO, Aperture, Shutter speed, etc) and will let you start learning about those so if you decide you want a DSLR later you can use it to it's greatest capacity. I really warn against rushing out and getting a DSLR because I've seen many people buy a DSLR and then it sits on a shelf because it's too much. It's not easily portable and when it becomes a hassle many people stop using it. Make sure it's not more camera than you want. And finally, whatever camera you decide on, Nikon vs. Canon, doesn't matter. 24.X Megapixels is more than any human being needs. And ultimately, it's the photographer - and NOT the camera that matters. Some of the best photos I've taken have been with my iPhone. Ultimately, a good picture is a good picture. Think of it this way - you never tell a painter that they painted a great picture, they must have great paints and brushes. A photographer doesn't make a great picture because they have a great camera. I say all of this because you seem unsure of what you're looking for. Thinking about what you're wanting out of a camera will help you find a camera you love. And loving your camera helps you to love photography! If you have any questions, I'd be glad to help you, just email me!

    ReplyDelete