Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Young Life Photoshoot!

     Hello beautiful friends! How are you? Happy Tuesday. I hope you all had a blessed day. Today, it was sunny and warm. I was very happy. Happy heart, and all is well with my soul.
You may not know this, but I am a leader for Young Life. I lead for a group of middle school girls who are the light of my life. I am so thankful for each of them. These past couple of years I have been so blessed by being a Young Life leader, and I am so thankful for that. A Young Life leader is someone who mentors others, and for me personally that means I am a mentor for my middle school girls. I try to lead them closer to Jesus. My middle school girls are wonderful. Spiritually speaking, they are so advanced. God's word speaks right through them. They are each very wise, and they are always encouraging one another with scripture.  I lead Young Life with one of my best friends Julia, who is an amazing woman of God. She is so encouraging, everything that comes out of her mouth is uplifting to everyone around her. She is the sweetest thing. She is the girl who forced (yes forced, I made a million excuses for the longest time) me to come to Young Life with her for my first time, and God bless her for doing that, because that was the first night that God spoke into my heart. When Julia and I lead Bible study together with all of our girls, we always leave feeling encouraged beyond belief. It's pretty awesome. Thanks Jesus!

This is Julia. (Ain't she purrrrrrty??!)
She is an amazing photgrapher. You can click HERE to check out her photography website, and click HERE to like "Julia Green Photography" on Facebook. She is getting HUGE! She started doing photography when we both were living together in the same sorority a couple years ago, and let me tell you friends, it's amazing to see how far she's come. I watch this girl with the camera and I'm mind-blown. She's a natural and super professional. I actually told her yesterday that I want her to be the photographer at my wedding, because she's THAT talented. And the other obvious reason would be simply because I just love her to death. Anyways y'all, I just wanted to share about how much I am blessed by my friendship with this girl! 
Next, meet RACHEL!!!! sorry I get really excited because I love these people so much.
     I met Rachel a couple years ago when I started leading for Young Life. She loved Fro-Yo, Justin Bieber, and Jesus. That says enough right there. We instantly clicked, and we hang out all the time. That's how it is with all of these Young Life gals in my life! We just clicked. Could it be more obvious that Jesus has orchestrated every single one of my friendships? I think not...Anyways, she's wonderful. She's a ball of joy, a woman of God, and simply stunning. Rachel and I were blessed with the opportunity yesterday to do a photo shoot together for Young Life leadership, with Jules as the professional photographer. Here are some pics from our lovely day :)


Gosh, what a day. I am so thankful for friendship and the ways that the Lord has blessed me with my many friendships this year. He is good my friends. I don't know what I'd do without His faithfulness and love in my life. My beautiful savior.

The verse of the day is a verse in 1 John. It's about God's light. In Him, there is truth, In Him, there is only light. In Him, there is no darkness. In Him, we are set free from everything we used to be. He accepts us just as we are, and promises to make us new if we simply just trust Him.

"This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him we have no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

Such beauty in that scripture, such truth. When I think back to who I used to be, I get sad sometimes.  I get scared of going back to that dark place. But then I think of my amazing savior and I am filled with light and joy. I know there's no way I could ever go back, because to go back, that would mean Jesus wouldn't be with me. And friends, I could never leave the best thing that has ever happened to me.

                                               "The beauty of the cross is that your Grace has found me just as I am..."

                                                                               

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and I loved your reflection on the Word! :)

    XO
    Amanda @ Faith Love Strength

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love your beautiful blog and am excited to follow! What beautiful pictures! :)

    Have a wonderful day!
    Madalyn

    ReplyDelete