Sunday, April 21, 2013

Emotions versus FAITH

Hello friends!

Dear Sunday,
I am not ready for you at all. Instead of doing my homework, I think I'll go do a Young Life photo shoot with some of my most favorite people on the planet.

Dear Senior year of college,
 I am so over you. I have no motivation to work with you anymore, and my senioritis is officially kicking in.

Dear God,
Your amazing. Thank for such a wonderful church service today at Grace. My pastor, my community, my ekklesia, I am truly blessed by them all!

Dear Boxer Puppy,
Get in my life STAT. I have been searching for you with great determination lately and my family and I want you in our life NOW.

Dear new wonderful friend,
I like you very very much. Is it August yet?

Lastly, I just wanted to share with you all something God has put on my heart today. He has told me how important it is that my faith in Him does not reflect my emotions. I won't lie to you, these last few days I was a wreck. I was overwhelmed with a mix of emotions. I found myself doubting God and my thoughts leading wandering to dark places. Today however, I feel lifted up. I feel that God lead me into the dark these past few days so that I could share with the each of you this new bit of wisdom that I have discovered from Him. When we look to ourselves, we are hopeless. When we look to God, we are full of endless joy and complete trust.

"Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces." Psalm 34:5

Don't' give up, beautiful. God is not done with you yet. You are His masterpiece in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment