Friday, May 10, 2013

I am a Young Life leader


Hello friends!
Yesterday I was asked by my head leader in Young Life to write a 1-2 paragraph story about me and one of my Young Life girls that I mentor. It is going to be placed out in the Young Life news letter that we send out and the title of it is called "On the Frontlines with Kids." I thought I'd share with ya'll the story I wrote for the news letter. Ever since I have became a Young Life leader, my life has been changed tremendously. The relationships I have developed with these girls have had such a huge impact on my faith, and my girls are each so passionate and bold in their devotion to Christ. What a blessing this experience has been so far. Now, onto my story...Enjoy!


"I'll never forget the first time I met Georgia. A bright smile and a shy laugh, I could tell she was excited to be at Campaigners for the first time. I would have never imagined that almost two years later I would still be her Young Life leader, and that we would become as close of friends as we are today. I love how open we are always able to be around each other, and how she always makes me laugh for a long time. I never feel that I have to hold anything back whenever I'm sharing my heart with her, and I think a big reason for that is because Jesus is the center of our friendship.
     As I have watched Georgia grow in her walk with The Lord over the past couple of years, I am both humbled and filled with joy. She has continuously taken new leaps of faith, and I admire how she always trusts The Lord to take care of her heart. We have experienced many joyful moments together, as well as some tough ones. As I look back on all that we have been through with our friendship, I am so thankful to have had her by my side. I'm blessed to be her Young Life leader and I look forward to the journey ahead we have together in Christ."





7 comments:

  1. Young Life sounds like such a great program! I've never heard of it before, but the Lord's given me a real heart for mentoring younger girls (although right now, without any organized outlet), so I love hearing about your ministry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kellie! I LOVE reading your comments, they always make me smile! I emailed you yesterday in response to your other awesome comment, hope you saw that! I bet you would be wonderful in mentoring younger girls--you should totally get involved with a program! God's love shines right through your heart!

      Delete
  2. What a blessed and beautiful calling you so lovingly do!!! That is so great, girl- that you can guide and encourage younger women in the Lord! So beautiful you have watched her grow in the Lord, too! Wow! Love it!

    Have a blessed weekend, chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Abigail, your so sweet! I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well! Yes it has been such a wonderful experience so far, I am very blessed!


      Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well girl!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Aw how precious! I so wish that Young Life had been active in my hometown, something like that would have benefitted me so much during the high school years!

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree girl I wish YL would have been around when I was in high school too!! Love your comments, they always make me smile! Xo

      Delete
  4. Yeah! So excited for you...young life is awesome!!! thanks for saying hi on my blog:) love from Nepal!

    ReplyDelete