Saturday, June 8, 2013

"skinny" chocolate chip cookies! YUMM!



Hey guys! For those of you who don't know, about a year and a half ago I lost 50 pounds, and I have kept off all of the weight since! {You can read my weight loss story HERE) You may be thinking: "Did she stop eating or something?" Heck no! This girl loves food probably more than anyone you'll ever meet.
Well then how did I do it you ask?
My answers: first thing: portion control!
second thing: lots of prayer and God's help!
It's all about how much you eat. Not what you eat, how much of what you eat. That is my philosophy and I am never letting it go! Yes, working out is AWESOME and definitely contributes to losing weight and maintaining it, but I truly believe it is 80% what you eat and 20% working out when it comes to losing weight.
So today I wanted to share with you a "skinny chocolate chip cookie recipe" that I make all the time, that I found via Eat Yourself Skinny, one of my favorite healthy eating bloggers! I have literally made these babies 20 times!
They only have 48 calories per cookie, taste just as normal as any other chocolate chip cookie, and are a GREAT way to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings for only a little bit of calories! YUM<3
I put the new camera to work as I was making these, what do you think of the pictures? I am having SO much fun with photography, guys! You have no idea.

Servings: 48
Serving Size: 1 cookie 
Calories: 30
Fat: 1.2 g
Carbs: 4.8 g
Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 0.3 g

Here are your ingredients:
2 Tbsp salted butter, softened
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. table salt
1 large egg white
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 1/2 cup

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  In a medium bowl, cream together butter, oil and sugar.  Add vanilla, salt and egg white; mix thoroughly to combine.  In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda and stir into batter.  Add chocolate chips to batter and stir evenly to distribute throughout.

Drop 48 half-teaspoons of dough onto one or two large nonstick baking sheets, leaving a small amount of space between each cookie.  Bake cookies until golden around edges, about 4 to 6 minutes and cool on a wire rack.  Enjoy!










12 comments:

  1. Mmm those look awesome! I'm bookmarking this for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look yummy.

    Yea I've lost at least 40 lbs or so in 2 yrs and I'm not on a diet. I quit eating sweets and junk food and watch what I eat. I dont eat fried foods much and due to no gallbladder my weight goes up and down anyways. I can tell a difference tho so that's all that matters.

    losing 50 lbs is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serving size: 1 cookie?!?!! Oh no, not on my watch....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha wooooaa did not see that, just to clarify when I eat these I have like 10 of them haha deff not just one!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh looks great! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely pinning this to remember! I am in the process of redefining what I like and want to eat and my food philosophy in the midst of that. I've started to become more aware of what I eat and how much, so it's been so interesting to me to read about others' food philosophies and snack they like to make!

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo I can't eat chocolate until July (dying) but I'm totally saving this recipe for then!
    Who doesn't love bite-sized cookies!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I would be dying too!! Haha. That is awesome though, good for you! Only a little less than a month left :) xo

      Delete
  7. Chocolate chip cookies...oh my goodness! Those are making my mouth literally water! Thanks for the great recipe, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there. I'm having a blog hop. Would love for you to join http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/06/night-owls-blog-hop.html and Please share with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OoOOoOoo this sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. this makes about 8 cookies! not 48!!

    ReplyDelete