Monday, October 26, 2015

Guest Post: Jen Weaver from The Jen Weaver!


Hi friends! Today I am continuing with my guest post series on the blog, and I have another awesome new friend of mine on the blog today. She has the sweetest heart and her passion for the Lord is seriously inspiring. You HAVE to go check out her page! ! Everyone meet Jen from www.thejenweaver.com


Jen Weaver is a wife, a mom and lover of Jesus living in North Texas! She’s also a communicator, both in the written word, teaching and preaching. Married to her best friend Jared, she's passionate about helping people achieve freedom and fullness in everyday life. You’ll find her blogging at thejenweaver.com or connect on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest.

Love Personalized
Jen Weaver


I love unique things. Clothes with a different edge. Home décor you wouldn’t find just anywhere—like my teal walls and hanging succulent garden—and monogramed jewelry. In a world of mass-produced products and template emails, I relish the hunt for hole-in-the-wall gems, screaming deals, and unexpected gifts.

And then there’s love.

Everyone wants love, right? The gooey goodness of romance. Steadfast safety of sacrificial consideration. Someone who will always be there when you need them. Talking with God as I rocked my son to sleep the other night (yep, God talks to me, that was a learning process!) my heart broke with this beautiful thought:

I am love, personalized.

There’s nothing generic about my care for Dillon. Sure, he needs all the typical baby things like milk, diaper changes, sleep, and affection. But my love is catered to who he is. It couldn’t be more custom if each activity came with a monogramed towel. I know that my baby doesn’t care if his milk is cold but that he has a favorite pacifier. My arms feel safer to him than a babysitter’s, and he thinks my silly faces are the most hilarious thing ever.

We live love. Personalized.

As we sat there, the two of us curled up in our rocking chair, I started thinking about how I am a personalized expression of love for the people in my life. Sometimes in grand gestures, but more often, I get to show love in small ways. The intimate consideration of clean laundry. Knowing how my closest friend is feeling by the look on her face. Recognizing a need before it’s verbalized, picking their favorite restaurant without asking, or knowing my man likes ice but no lemon in his water.

Receive love, personalized.

I’ve been a Christian for almost 25 years. This whole time I’ve known that God loves us—

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son …” (John 3:16, NIV).

We’re not lumped in to the total of all human existence to receive group salvation. His love is personal. He’s numbered the hairs on our head (Luke 12:7), and knew our names before we were born (Jeremiah 1:5).

God spoke the world into being. By His words He created day and night, land and ocean, birds and wild animals (Genesis 1). But when it came to us, speaking our creation was too impersonal. God formed man and breathed His breath into Adam’s lungs, then crafted woman from Adam’s rib (Genesis 2).

The Lord thinks of us often (Psalm 139:17-18) and plans good things for our future (Jeremiah 29:11). He longs to carry us close to His heart (Isaiah 40:11) and to fill our lives with good things (James 1:17).

These aren’t generic thoughts and random presents. They’re personalized demonstrations of love from a personal God.

When you walked to the mailbox today and noticed the beauty of tree branches blowing in the wind—that was a gift for you. When you forgot your lunch on the counter and a friend offered to take you out to eat, a sign of God’s provision. When you woke up late and somehow traffic was light enough for you to get to work on time. The Sunday sermon that spoke to your heart. This simple little blog post that you’re reading right now.

“… your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!” (Matthew 6:8, NLV).

God’s love for you is personalized.

Today I’m encouraged to receive God’s love. To pay attention to the little ways He showers me with His affection, and to celebrate the small yet hugely significant ways I get to live as love personalized for those around me.

I hope you’re encouraged to do the same. :)

Thanks Jen! Go check out her awesome blog at www.thejenweaver.com

Social media contact:

Facebook: The Jen Weaver
Twitter: TheJenWeaver
Instagram: thejenweaver

No comments:

Post a Comment