Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday's and baptisms!!

Hello my lovelies! Happy Sunday :)

Today has been a beautiful today. I am at the library getting ready to whip out my study materials for finals week coming up tomorrow! I would appreciate a few prayers for strength, thanks my friends! :). Anyways,  The first reason that today has been such a beautiful day is because it is God's today, the day to give him glory and rest! (kind of ironic since it's finals week for me in college haha) and also, one of my lovely friends Alexis was baptized today! It was beautiful. She is such a close friend of mine. She is generous, loving, and a total Proverbs 31 lady. (Watch out boysssss ;) Love you Alexis! lex and I recently became close friends this past year, and God has blessed us so much in our friendship! She is so encouraging to me in my walk with Jesus.

Here is a pic from the lovely day! Starting from left: Me, Margo, Alexis, Emily, and Amy. All of my Young Life ladies, they rock!   

 What do you all think about baptism? When I was baptized last year, I did it not because I felt like I had too, but because I felt the holy spirit calling me to do it. Actually, it was a mix of both. I knew that Jesus did it and wanted his followers to do it, so that was a big part of why I did it. At the same time, I also wanted to demonstrate my love for him and show the world how I was finally ready to begin my real journey with Him. Jesus talks about getting baptized not as an option, but as a necessary part in our walk with him! 

"Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Acts 2:38

In this verse Peter emphasizes how getting baptized will give us the beautiful gift of the holy spirit. It's not like God is saying you won't be saved if you don't get baptized, but why wouldn't you? It is such an important part in your walk with Jesus. Please don't think I am condemning you by saying that, I encourage you to walk in whatever way God has called you too. But I also encourage you to get baptized after accepting Jesus into your heart. It will change you.

After I was baptized, Jesus continued to changed me. I'm amazed at how intimate my relationship with Him has become, I'm just like, "dang God, learning about you and growing in you never ends!" I love Him so much, he demonstrates His love to me in so many ways. Today as I was leaving my friend Alexis's house and driving away, I found myself smiling to myself just telling God how good he is.

Anyways, today's post is a tad bit short because I have so much to do but I just wanted to drop by and say hi! I love ya'll! I love hearing from you all too. Let me know in ANY way I can be praying for each of you, seriously! :) Please message about anything you would like! If you want to know more about Jesus, message me! I would love to tell you. He loves you times a million, and more. He changed me, and He will change you if you give Him the keys!

No comments:

Post a Comment